Monday, January 20, 2014

Discrimination

As most know today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

A day to remind each and every one of us that we are no better than anyone else.

No matter the economic status we hold, the religion we worship, or the color of our skin.

We Are All Equal.

It floors me to think that as we begin the 2014 year that there are those who still teach hate.

Sadly I know that it does not matter the year we start or end there will always be those who have not been blessed with parents to teach them love, or the knowledge to take a better path.

Some days I wish I was naive enough to believe that in due time the word hate would not exist.

Although I do possess the hope that one day the human race will be able to stand next to each other, no matter how different, and be at peace.

I just pray that I am alive to witness that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment