Friday, January 24, 2014

They Said...

As I was rummaging around on the internet, trying to find inspiration for my blog, I remembered there was an old website I used to post poems to.

Yet, for the life of me I could not remember what the website was called, and once I FINALLY found it, do you think I could remember my login information?

Absolutely Not.

Thank goodness that they had installed a search bar so that I could search through the various authors. 

After much digging I found my name and all the poems I had posted.

The last login date was in August of 2012.

As I read through them all I found my self laughing quite a bit.

Some of the poems I once thought of as gold were nothing more than cheap tinfoil.

There were a few though that caught my eye more than others.

Sep 17, 2010
The tears she cried said she was 
scared
Her empty bed said she was 
alone
A hole in her heart said she had been
used
The blood under her nose said
she had lost her way
A straw on the table said
she was past the point of any return
Cold handcuffs around her tiny wrists 
told a tale of justice
The walls in her house kept silent
for they had seen too much to tell



I couldn't even imagine what would have caused my freshman mind to come up with something like this.

Maybe it was just a precursor to what my life would soon become.

1 comment:

  1. So much truth and power in these words. I am always amazed at the wisdom you seem to come up with. One of my favorite lines, "Some of the poems I once thought of as gold were nothing more than cheap tinfoil." Such a great line, and something I think we all come to realize at some point in our life. Each day we are gaining more experience that helps to shine light on how far we have come. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete