Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Quotes

"Inside each of us is a monster; inside each of us is a saint.  The real question is which one we nurture the most, which one will smite the other."

~ THE STORYTELLER BY: JODI PICOULT


"I believe in pink.  I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner.  I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.  I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.  I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.  I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."

~ AUDREY HEPBURN


"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.  Happiness never decreases by being shared."

~ BUDDHA 


"The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money."

~ THOMAS JEFFERSON

"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls."

~ JOSEPH CAMPBELL


"Thinking: the talking of the soul with itself."

~ PLATO

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.  The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

~ NELSON MANDELA

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

~ WINSTON CHURCHILL

"Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't they'd be married too."

~ H.L. MENCKEN

"Love is like war; easy to begin but very hard to stop."

~ H.L. MENCKEN



No comments:

Post a Comment