Sunday, February 9, 2014

Secrets

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."
~Benjamin Franklin



Have you ever had a secret that could potentially be catastrophic if the wrong person found out?

A secret so utterly selfish that it makes you shutter at the mere thought of ever speaking this repungent truth out loud?

I have one of these nasty little secrets.

Buried deep within the walls of my mind it lies waiting for the moment to rear its ugly head.

Sometimes, when I let my mind wander, this secret tends to play upon my imagination.

Conjuring notions that my usual logic would reproach immediately.

Yet once upon a blue moon I let this secret play out it's theatrical work.

It's akin to sweet music enfolding me in the softest of silk.

I close my eyes and feel a happiness that I once believed was impossible.

The sun feels warmer, the air cleaner, the flowers smell sweeter.

I have never been able to see the end of my secret's play.

It's almost the same as when you are falling in a dream and right before you are about to hit the ground you jolt awake.

Rationality and empathy stir inside me.

They put to rest the desires that haunt me.

The desires that are always on the brink of my destruction. 




No comments:

Post a Comment